Monday, February 7, 2011

Basic Mashed Potatoes

If you love good, old fashioned mashed potatoes this is the perfect recipe. Simple and delicious

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered

  • 2 tablespoons butter

  • 1 cup milk

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • Directions

    1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
    2. In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    If anyone needs a good GRAVY recipe to go with these great mashed potatoes just leave a comment and let me know. I would be happy to upload any kind of gravy you want. I am full of recipes.;)

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I love mashed potatoes but I like to add a little mayo to mine for flavor. Try it, you might like it.

    Anonymous said...

    I have never made mashed potatoes before but I want to try. Could you put up a recipe for a chicken gravy to go with it. You said in your blog that you wouldn't mind doing that.

    Alicia said...

    I will upload a recipe for chicken gravy as soon as possible.