Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Puppy -Raven-

We finally got a new puppy! I've been searching the web and newspapers for weeks looking for the perfect new pet. We even went to the Granville Animal Shelter. It was not a good trip for me. I guess I am just over sensitive about animals. The first thing was the smell, and then I heard them all barking, but it wasn't untill I saw the first ones in the prison cell that the first tears started to well up. I hate to see them all locked up like they are criminals. After getting a hold of myself and drying up my tears we had a good look at all the dogs. We just didn't seem to find what we were looking for but I didn't want to give up, "let's have another look, just in case." We get half way through the dogs again and I a reading the charts of a very timid, shy dog laying in the back all by herself. The chart half way down reads "This dog will need help, wrap a blanket around her bottom half to help her walk." This poor dog a left at a shelter and she is crippled. I started to ball out loud. You see about  a year and half two years ago Peanut my dog of fifteen years slipped in our garage and could no longer walk. She was very old and the vet told me there was something wrong in her bones that was killing her and we needed to put her to sleep. I refused saying I wanted to try something else. They gave us a perscription and said it might help her and get her walking again but if it didn't is would be best to put her down. In the end we had to put her to sleep. I couldn't watch her suffer anymore. It was terrible, the whole thing. I am still not over it. If I think about her I can't help but cry. I feel like I lost my daughter. Peanut meant so much to me.


We named her Raven, she is so cute and shy, all black except a little white on her paws and a white tipped tail. She got a little car sick on the way home but never threw-up. When we got home we washed her up in the tub with some flee and tick shampoo. She was perfect angle. Now she is sleeping in the laundry room with Sally our older dog. All three cats are very curious about the new puppy and Sally can't seem to get enough of her. I really want everyone to get along. Raven still seems to be a little scared being wripped away from her brothers and sisters, mother and owners and the long car ride home really frightened her. in a few days she will be runnoing around the yard being a little puppy again and everything will be great.

No comments: